A little about me - Natasha Samson - Jyoti
I have a deep love for the science and psychology of Yoga and Ayurveda and a desire to help you feel nourished and assist you on your journey to a happier healthier self. This path has changed my life in a profoundly positive way and I want to share this knowledge and gift with you.
The name Jyoti was given to be through my spiritual teacher and means simply "light". To dispel darkness (ignorance/ ego), to illuminate and share knowledge. I hope to continue to learn and share what I can.
I discovered yoga while I was getting though my Mechanical Engineering degree at Dalhousie University back on the East Coast of Canada. At that time, even as a newbie, I really saw the benefits of the practice in lowering my stress levels. The practice of yoga stuck with me as time passed, and I moved to two other provinces while working as a Professional Engineer. Through this time, I had a pull to learn more about the healing aspects of diet and herbal tea remedies to help people feel better and fight disease. I finally was inspired to take my Yoga Teacher training, to get away from my everyday and be immersed in the teachings of yoga through a residential program. This is when I found the Salt Spring Centre of Yoga and the teachings of Baba Hari Dass. I am forever grateful to this stroke of fate. Taking this program opened up a whole new life path for me and I was able to bring together my desire to help people through Yoga and Ayurveda.
My love for Ayurveda started during my 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training at the Salt Spring Centre of Yoga. I furthered my studies and obtained my Ayurveda Health Counselor Diploma at the Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda under prominent Ayurveda physicians; Dr. Vassant Lad, Dr. John Doulliard, Dr. Sarita Shrestha, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar amoung others. I completed my Ayurveda Massage Treatment Program under the guidance of my dear teacher Dr. Jaisri Lambert. Over the past decade I have been practicing and extensively studying yoga philosophy and psychology through the works of Baba Hari Dass, Patanjali, Eknath Easwaran and Alan Watts.
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition (IHN) Ayurveda Mind/Body Healing AMB 02, Instructor - Vancouver Campus
- Ayurveda Consultations and Body Treatments/ Massage
- 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training (200hr YTT), Faculty/ Teacher (Ayurveda and Yoga) - Salt Spring Center of Yoga
- Public/ Corporate and Private Yoga Classes, Teacher
- Ayurveda and Yoga Weekend Retreats, Teacher/ Facilitator
- Yoga Getaway Retreats, Teacher - Salt Spring Center of Yoga
- Annual Community Yoga Retreat (ACYR), Yoga and Meditation Teacher - Salt Spring Center of Yoga
- Ayurveda and Yoga Workshops/info sessions
- Dharma Sara Satsang Society (DSSS), Board Member
- Vancouver Satsang, Facilitator